TERMS OF AGREEMENT
In order to insure you and your guests a well-organized function, we request that you comply with the following policies:
- In order to secure a private room for your function, a minimum number of guests is required (depending on the season 25-30). Saturday and Sunday afternoons are the most popular days to have an event, so call ahead. The maximum capacity of our room is 45. We recommend for bridal and baby showers 40 maximum to allow extra tables for gifts. On Sunday afternoon, the dining room may be occupied until 3:30 pm.
- A Deposit of $150 is required to confirm reservation date, and will be applied to the total cost of the event. In the event of a cancellation, the deposit will not be refunded. The customer agrees to make the balance payment in full immediately following the function. We accept cash, personal or corporate check, and will honor Discover, Visa or Mastercard.
- Here at Asa Ransom House, we change our menu three times a year. If you are booking your event months in advance, please include with your deposit an address or fax #, so that our staff may send you the current menu closer to your event’s date. If you have a request for a dish you’ve had here in the past, please don’t hesitate to ask. Menu selection and other arrangements must be confirmed at least 10 days before function.
- All functions are subject to a subject to a NYS Erie County Sales Tax (unless a tax exempt form has been filed with us before the event). A 18% service charge will be added to the total before tax. Weddings are subject to a $100 facility fee to cover setup & breakdown of an on-premise ceremony, private dining room, custom menu, & all other pertaining details. There is a $25 facility fee for all other events added to cover personalized menus and linen.
- Price quotations are subject to a 90 day guarantee.
- Outside food and beverages are not permitted on the premises without permission. Should you bring a special dessert not prepared by our staff, a $1.00 per person plate charge is added. We do not allow confetti to be used in decorating and please advise our staff of your needs for table space of prizes/favors.
- Final number of guaranteed guests must be confirmed 24 hours before function. Charges will be figured for the guaranteed number whatever the actual attendance. If no guarantee is received, the estimate indicated on the original agreement will be established guaranteed attendance.
- In accordance with NYS Liquor Authority Law, Asa Ransom House reserves the right to refuse alcohol to anyone of questionable age or condition. We cannot assume responsibility for any articles left in the room following the event.
Your decision to confirm this Special Event requires you to review these terms, sign below and return along with your deposit.
$150. DEPOSIT FACILITY FEE TAX CERTIFICATE
PAID _______ EXEMPT ENCLOSED
Mailing Address/FAX # _________________________________PHONE _____________